Resistant to acid, alkalis, amines and steam. AFLAS® is the material of choice for products and systems that have to work in tough environments.
AFLAS® is the fluoroelastomer of choice for products and systems that have to work in tough environments. It is used worldwide in all kinds of industrial applications where ultimate reliability is required, along with the elastomeric properties of a synthetic rubber.
AFLAS® was launched by AGC Chemicals over 30 years ago and is based on an alternating copolymer of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene. Its unique properties are:
1. Excellent heat resistance with approx. 200°C continuous service temperature with even higher peaks
2. Excellent chemical resistance to strong acids and bases at high temperatures
3. Excellent steam and hot water resistance
4. Excellent electrical insulation properties with volume resistivity of 1016 Ω·cm
- O-Rings and gaskets
- Manufacture of liquid crystal and semi-conductors
- Wire and cable
- Automotive oil seals
- AFLAS® 100 Series – high molecular weight gives high mechanical strength. Structure is identical to that of AFLAS® 150 below
- AFLAS® 150 Series – excellent chemical resistance & electrical insulation properties. Suitable for extrusion & compression moulding
- AFLAS® 300 Series – translucent white base resin with a special termonomer. This grade can be pigmented, has improved curability and gives a smooth surface finish. Suitable for extrusion