A new generation of fluorinated water/oil/alcohol repellent
FLUOROTELOMER BASED C6 TECHNOLOGY
AsahiGuard® E Series is a fluorinated water and oil repellent providing sustainable alternatives for many applications, including paper packaging, textiles, apparel, non-wovens, natural and synthetic leathers and home furnishings based on proven AGC C6 chemistry. AsahiGuard E-Series offers high performance properties with improved environmental and biological profiles.
What is C6?
- C6 fluorinated polymers are proven safe for their intended use.
- Evaluated by industry and regulators who provide data showing that they are safe and effective.
- C6 fluorinated polymers cannot break down to form PFOA or PFOS.
- AGC switched entirely to C6 based fluorochemistry from C8 fluorochemistry in 2012, which was 3 years ahead of the Environmental Protection Agency’s 2010/2015 PFOA Stewardship Programme’s timetable for the phase-out.
- Innovative AGC C6 WOR technology.
- Full product range to meet all performance demands.
- Continued C6 based product development and performance innovation.
- AsahiGuard® E-Series adds value and performance for advanced textiles.
AsahiGuard® E-Series is ideal for tough and durable coatings for workwear in contact with oil and dirt such as in the automotive and chemical industries. Fabrics made using AsahiGuard® are comfortable to wear and highly durable for industrial laundering. Not only clothing but also accessories such as gloves, work boots and shoes can be protected with AsahiGuard®.
AsahiGuard® E Series is not only used for technical textiles in applications like automotive noise insulation and the interior of car roofs, but also for automotive and industrial parts, as well as air and oil filters.
Medical, Emergency Services, Police and Army
Offering water, oil and alcohol repellency AsahiGuard® is suitable for use on operation scrubs, medical gowns, surgical drapes, surgical face masks, laboratory wear and items that have to be sterilised in the medical industry.
AsahiGuard® is used on durable yet lightweight fabrics in the emergency response and military sectors.
Those working in demanding environments need the protection of tough durable, waterproof fabrics and AsahiGuard® fits the bill.
Outdoor Leisure and Sportswear
AsahiGuard® E-Series provides a waterproof coating for outerwear and footwear designed for activities such as skiing, rambling, mountaineering and sailing.
These waterproof characteristics mean it is widely used on tents, awnings and canopies to give protection from the elements.
AsahiGuard® can be used either at the wet end or the size press end in paper production for imparting grease proof performance to paper products. It is used in many applications in the food and drinks packaging industry. It is unscented and gives a high quality, food contact use approved, non-stick, breathable barrier to water, oil and grease and offers added durability to paper, board and moulded fibre products.
Typical applications include fast food boxes, bags and wrappers, paper tableware, dry pet food packaging, paper trays and containers.