Asahiklin AE3100E is a fluorinated solvent used for cleaning, alcohol drying, and dewatering. This Hydrofluoroether (HFE-347pc-f) is a nonflammable solvent that has excellent material compatibility, low surface tension, low Global Warming Potential, and Zero ODP.
- Defluxing of electronics, electrical components, and printed wiring assemblies
- Precision cleaning of metals, alloys, composites, and plastics
- Drying agent after cleaning with hydrocarbons or alcohols
- Drying after wet plating and for Carbide Metal before coating
- Particle removal
- Replacement for HCFC, Dupont™ Vertrel®, & 3M™ Novec™ solvents
- Low global warming potential (GWP)
- Zero ozone depletion potential (ODP)
- Excellent thermal, chemical, and hydrolytic stability
- Low surface tension, low viscosity, high liquid density
- Superior drying property
- Excellent permeability
- Recoverable by simple distillation
- Can be used with ultrasonics
- No surfactants necessary
It is recommended that Asahiklin AE3100E be used in a vapor degreaser to optimize cleaning efficiency, economy, and emission control. Cleaning procedures for Asahiklin AE3100E are quite similar to those of AK225 products. The procedures consists of immersing a workload into the boiling solvent, rinsing, or spraying with cool solvent and drying in solvent vapor.
Asahiklin AE3100E has a broad range of compatibilities Table 3 Effect of Asahiklin AE3100E on Unstressed Plastics and Elastomers at Boiling Point.
Environmental Health and Safety
Please read the current product Material Safety Data Sheet (available through your AGCCA technical service representative) and the precautionary statement on the product package prior to use. Follow all applicable precautions and directions.
ASAHIKLIN AE3100E is nonflammable. The solvent acts as an azeotrope and is resistant to thermal breakdown and hydrolysis during storage and use. Recommended handling procedures are provided in the Material Safety Data Sheet, which is available from your AGCCA representative upon request.