At AGC Chemicals Europe our approach to corporate social responsibility has five areas of focus:
1. PEOPLE are important; the safety of those who work for us, those who live close to our production sites and those who use the end products made from our materials. We pride ourselves on attracting and retaining a skilled, motivated and healthy workforce and we work hard to be a good employer. Each year we hold a Family Fun Day for our employees and their families to thank them for their hard work and help them to enjoy the natural environment of which we are part.
2. PRODUCTS. We are proud that many of the materials we make contribute to a more sustainable way of living. Examples are: Fluon® ETFE FILM as a protective covering for solar cells, Polyols for cavity wall insulation and lightweight car seat foam.
3. PROCESSES. We focus on saving energy, increasing efficiency and reducing our environmental impact.
4. PARTNERS. We work in partnership with our customers and our suppliers and we are committed to sound and sustainable procurement procedures.
5. COMMUNITY. We know we have a part to play our local community and that’s why we support local good causes via our charity club and also why we work with schools in the area to help pupils understand more about the importance of sustainable lifestyles.We aim to reach hundreds of children near our UK base every year. Our programme is delivered in partnership with the well-known environmental regeneration charity, Newground.