LUMIFLON™ – A Fluorinated Resin for Highly Durable Coatings
AGC first developed its solvent-soluble fluoropolymer LUMIFLON™ in 1982 – coating manufacturers quickly noticed that this resin is different. LUMIFLON™-based coatings are highly durable and weatherable, lasting far longer than other coatings. They can be cured at room temperature, making them suitable for field application.
LUMIFLON™ based coatings and paints maintain the original appearance of buildings and other structures for decades, because LUMIFLON™ technology efficiently protects against UV rays, oxidation, humidity, corrosion and even acid rain.
Applying a LUMIFLON™ based topcoat dramatically reduces the cost of maintenance such as repainting or cleaning during the lifetime of the coated structures.
Since its commercialisation, LUMIFLON™ has demonstrated its exceptional durability on a variety of structures all over the world, e.g. the Akashi Bridge in Japan, one of the longest suspension bridges in the world, the Burj Al Arab hotel in Dubai, as well as the aeroplanes of the Japanese airline ANA.
Please click on the individual 14 LUMIFLON™ project photos to view full details about some of the many LUMIFLON™ case studies currently around the world.
Use LUMIFLON™ to realise your project’s full potential in both everyday and demanding environments…
• Fluoropolymer based on fluoroethylene and vinyl ether monomers
• Available as solvent borne, water based and powder grades
• Curable from room temperature to high temperatures, from 5°C to 220°C
• Highly transparent film
• Outstanding UV light and weathering resistance
• Long-lasting colour and gloss retention
• Superior corrosion protection
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Low dirt pick-up, therefore giving easy-clean surface
• Architecture – coil coatings – powder coatings
• Industrial maintenance
• Heavy duty, marine, bridges, windmills
• Transportation, aerospace
• Protective coatings for concrete, wood and plastics